Terms of engagement
- The client is the person or organisation who is making the booking, to whom the invoice will be addressed to. If there are any errors on the invoice the client receives Oliver Parker must be informed immediately.
- The Artiste is the performer(s) booked by the client.
- The contract is subject to the terms of engagement detailed on the Booking Confirmation Form, including any additional clauses.
- Oliver Parker offers an assurance that he, all supporting Artistes and other associates, will conduct themselves in a responsible and professional manner at all times at the Engagement, with due regard to venue rules and regulations.
- Oliver Parker and all Artistes performing at the Engagement are fully covered with public liability insurance. If the client or venue require a copy of insurance certificates, the client must ask Oliver Parker prior to the Engagement.
- The client agrees that it is their sole responsibility to pay Oliver Parker on the day of performance unless agreed otherwise in advance. Should the client fail to do so, a charge of £10 may be levied upon the client and repeated every additional 7 days that the account remains unpaid.
- Oliver Parker reserves the right to charge an additional fee if there is any significant change to the timing or duration of the performance being provided.
- Fair wear and tear is allowed for but accidental or deliberate damage to the Artistes props, equipment, costume or personal belongings whilst at the Engagement will be charged to the client at the cost of repair or replacement as necessary.
- Allowing for the age, health and attitude of the guests at the Engagement, the client will provide sufficient staff to provide assistance, care and control of undesirable or rowdy behaviour as appropriate for the type of event and venue.
Should the contract need to be cancelled by the Client after confirmation of booking, the following conditions apply:
- Any non-refundable expenses incurred by the Artiste such as accommodation or special equipment will be charged in full.
- Any deposit already paid by the client is non-refundable, but any additional balance payments that have been paid in advance shall be refunded in part or in full in accordance with the following conditions:
- (a) Notification must be received by Oliver Parker at least 2 months prior to the performance, or
- (b) Notification must be received by Oliver Parker at least 1 month prior to the performance and 25% of the remaining balance fee paid, or
- (c) Notification must be received by Oliver Parker at least 14 days prior to the performance and 50% of the remaining balance fee paid, or
- (d) Notification must be received by Oliver Parker at least 7 days prior to the performance, and 75% of the remaining balance fee paid, or
- (e) Notification must be received by Oliver Parker at least 2 days prior to the performance and 100% of the remaining balance fee paid.
Failure to perform
- The client shall not be required to pay Oliver Parker any remaining balance fee for any engagement where the Artiste is unable to perform by reason of any cause beyond the Clients control such as National Mourning, War, Fire, Acts of Terrorism, Strikes or Lock-Outs directly affecting the venue or by the Order of the Licensing or any Public Authority having jurisdiction. In any such event, notice must be given to Oliver Parker immediately, failing which the Client must pay reasonable expense.
- In the event of the Artistes illness the following provisions shall prevail. The word “illness” shall mean and include any bodily or mental infirmity.
- If the Artiste is unable to perform through illness, Oliver Parker shall notify the Client immediately and make every effort to provide a quality replacement performer if possible.
- If the Artiste is unable to perform at the Engagement for any reason, the Client shall not be obliged to pay the Artistes fee in respect of the Engagement and any booking fees already paid will be refunded in full.